CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jan 8, 2013

I hope everyone had a great vacation.  I had a great time with my family and even got to have a 13.5 hour drive home from Edmonton on Sunday with my daughter Emmi.  What a way to have Mommy and daughter time :)

With the new year we are starting a lot of new routines in our classroom.  To begin with we are starting a new homework routine.  I have sent home the information tonight on  a pink handout.

In class our phonics program has changed.  Every day we will be spending 20 minutes working with words.  Today we did sorting.  This is where we generate a list of words that have the same word families in them.  Check it out:


In science we talked about how you can have different shades of every colour.  We then talked about how you can make different shades with our crayons.  We figured out that to make a dark colour we need to put lots of pressure on our crayon and to make a light colour we need to put very little pressure on our crayon.

In LA today, we talked about it being a New Year.  We also shared some of our memories of fun things we did in 2012.  Here are a couple of things that the kids mentioned:
  1. I went to Toronto.
  2. I went to a hockey game.
  3. I went to Grassland.
  4. I went swimming.
  5. I had a sleepover.
Have a great night!


0 comments:

Post a Comment